The wharf was originally built in 1879 using local timber and was a major landmark of the town – a hive of industry. Throughout the riverboat era, Wentworth was once one of the busiest inland ports within NSW (third busiest port after Sydney & Newcastle).
The original wharf deteriorated and was demolished in 1983. This similar replica (including the little customs office) now stands in its place.
Wentworth Visitor Information Centre
Address: Port of Wentworth, Wharf Street
Telephone: (03) 5027 5080