This is the first Roman Catholic Church built along the Darling River and the second church in Wentworth. The foundation stone for Saint Francis Xavier Church was laid on June 18, 1871, in a ceremony held in pouring rain. Although still unfinished, the first mass was held in the early part of November 1872 by Rev. Matthew Ryan.
Wentworth Visitor Information Centre
Address: Short Street, Wentworth
Telephone: (03) 5027 5080