The first house to be called Rendelsham, was built by William Gunn (first Mayor of Wentworth). He lived there until he built the second residence in the centre of the town – Rendelsham House, and then this house became Catholic Church property, used by the local Priest as the Presbytery. In 1892, it became the Convent, home of the Sisters of Mercy who established and taught at the adjacent St Ignatius School.
Wentworth Visitor Information Centre
Address: Cadell Street, Wentworth
Telephone: (03) 5027 5080