Rendelsham House was built in 1882, by and for William Gunn, the first Mayor of Wentworth (the second of his houses called Rendelsham). The dwelling is one of the largest and most impressive in Wentworth. It is also significant for the fact that it has housed some of the town’s most important and memorable pioneers.
The house has had many uses over the years including; a bed and breakfast, tearooms and a restaurant. It is once again a private residence and is a ‘work in progress’ as restoration has begun to return it to its original grandeur.
Wentworth Visitor Information Centre
Address: Cnr Sandwych & Adams Street, Wentworth
Telephone: (03) 5027 5080