The Customs Office was constructed in c1884, replacing the 1st Customs building (constructed in c1864 and situated on the west side of the Darling River, near the bridge). This building remained an integral part of the busy Port of Wentworth up until the decline in the river trade in 1890s. A Custom Officer was still operating from this site in 1912. It is now a private residence and during 2001, a commemorative plaque was placed on the house, by the Australian Customs Authority.
Wentworth Visitor Information Centre
Address: Darling Street, Wentworth
Telephone: (03) 5027 5080